JSBTC WOMEN'S FEDERATION
◆ Participate in activities that broaden awareness of the Dharma
◆ Promote camaraderie amongst women
◆ Support education in Jodo Shinshu Buddhism
◆ Support national charitable causes
The Jodo Shinshu Buddhist Temples of Canada Women’s Federation (JSBTC WF) was established in the late 1970′s to communicate and exchange ideas with other Buddhist women’s groups across Canada.
Over the years, the WF has supported the member temples and the community in many ways and continue to do so. Its initiatives have included social outreach, service projects, and fundraising activities. Established, defined programs are the WF Dana Day to promote social well-being, WF Youth Dharma Assistance to support education in Jodo Shinshu Buddhism, and the WF Sustaining Fund which supports the professional development/education of the active Canadian JSBTC ministers, ministers-in-training, and ministerial assistants.
The WF Committee is led by an elected Leadership group along with a Ministerial Advisor, and consistent communications are fundamental. WF temple representatives attend, either in-person or virtually, an annual committee meeting as well as a bi-annual or sub-committee meeting(s) if applicable.
The WF is always looking for new ideas and new members to help promote existing programs and suggest new ones. For more information on the WF or if you are interested in joining, please contact your local Jodo Shinshu member temple.
Together, we practice the JSBTC values:
• To promote close liaison among all members of the Buddhist women’s associations throughout the world
• To awaken the self-consciousness of Buddhist women
• To advance a worldwide Buddhist women’s movement
• To work towards the welfare and peace among all mankind
The members of the World Federation of Jodo Shinshu Hongwanji-ha Buddhist Women’s Association are:
• Jodo Shinshu Hongwanji-ha Buddhist Women’s Federation of Japan
• Honpa Hongwanji Mission, Hawaii Federation of Buddhist Women’s Associations
• Buddhist Churches of America Federation of Buddhist Women’s Associations
• South America Hongwanji Buddhist Women’s Federation
• Jodo Shinshu Buddhist Temples of Canada Women’s Federation